Oil (and Acrylic) Painting with Bijan
- Saturdays: April 25th, May 2nd, 9th – 11am – 2:30pm
- Mondays: May 11/18/25 – 11am – 2:30pm
- $150 per person: contact Bijan at email@example.com or 760-333-8842 to confirm attendance and arrange to pay by check/cash.
- 6-8 students per class
- Level: Beginners-Intermediate
Beginners can learn to paint with oils, while experienced artists can learn and try out new techniques. Acrylic painting is also an option. The class size is kept small to all plenty of 1-on-1 instruction with Bijan.
Art supply list
- Canvas (min 1), 1” deep, 8×10 – 16×20
- Paints – black/white/colors
- Tabletop easel
- Rubber eraser
- Odorless brush cleaner
- Brush cleaning cup
Bijan would be happy to meet with students at Aaron Bros in Palm Desert or Michaels in Palm Springs a few days before first class to discuss art supplies and help choose and turn above list into a specific shopping list. You must contact him directly at 760-333-8842 to schedule your pre-class appointment.
- 1st Class: Student brings an image (photo, drawing, idea) and learns how to transfer the design to canvas. Learns basic techniques and starts painting.
- 2nd Class: Continue with painting, learning some new tricks.
- 3rd Class: Finish the painting.
Growing up in Teheran, a cultural center for poets, scholars, art and architecture, Bijan recognized early in life that he had been given a gift and decided to put it towards a positive and responsible use. At 27 he left for England where he developed a more diverse understanding of the arts.
Now residing in southern California, Bijan finds pleasure in the ability to express his artistic visions through graphic design, photography, illustration, paintings, calligraphy, sculpture, murals and computer art. Check out more of his work at www.studiobijan.com.